5 August 2019 / New Researchers Network
**FUNDING OPPORTUNITY**: AHRC Midlands4Cities funding for UK/EU students – C-DaRE > Invites Applications
The AHRC-funded Midlands4Cities Doctoral Training Partnership
(M4C) brings together eight leading universities across the Midlands to support the professional and personal development of the next generation of arts and humanities doctoral researchers. M4C is a collaboration between the University of Birmingham, Birmingham City University, University of Warwick, Coventry University, University of Leicester, De Montfort University, Nottingham Trent University and The University of Nottingham.
This is a prestigious and highly competitive scheme, and the internationally recognised Centre for Dance Research (C-DaRE), Coventry University, is keen to invite applications from highly motivated doctoral candidates with exceptional proposals that align with our collaborative and forward-looking research agenda. We are seeking applicants who can contribute to the centre’s reputation for excellent interdisciplinary and practice-research that can include the following broad but cutting-edge areas:
* Expanded choreography and the screen
* Dance, disability and inclusion
* Dance and immersive technologies
* Digital dance scholarship
* Dance studies and racism
* Politics and choreographic practice
* Dance and upheaval
* Dance and (intangible) cultural heritage
* The expanded field of somatic practices
* Dance/performance and the post-human turn
* Dance and Law: copyright and choreography
* Dance and the digital environment: archiving the future
* Dance, health and living well.
Successful candidates may also receive a one-year ‘route out’ funded post-doctoral position, providing valuable career development. We encourage interested applicants to contact us in the first instance to discuss proposals and supervision opportunities. We will support exciting proposals through to submission in January 2020. Please contact Alli Sellors:
to register your interest.
Further information about the programme, funding, and eligibility can be found here: https://www.midlands4cities.ac