20 July 2020 / Grants and Awards
Updated – Support in the Time of Corona
Update: We have received nearly 100 applications for these grants and have been moved and impressed by the number, variety, and quality of the submissions. Thanks to a very generous anonymous donation we are now able to award 17 grants in total and are currently working our way through submissions. More updates at the end of the week.
Are you, or do you know, a researcher or theatre practitioner working through the pandemic and in need of financial help?
The Society for Theatre Research has twelve support grants of £200 available to help theatre practitioners and researchers working in the UK facilitate British and British-related theatre projects during the Covid-19 pandemic. The application form has been designed to be as quick and simple as possible; it is five questions long. The deadline for applications is Friday, 7 August 2020. We aim to inform successful projects by Friday, 14 August 2020.
We particularly welcome applications for projects working with underrepresented voices in British Theatre.
Who are the grants for?
- Theatre practitioners and researchers working in the UK
- Individuals and groups
What are they for?
- British and British related theatre projects
- To help facilitate knowledge exchange and creative networking. This might take the form of online panels, conferences, Q&As, workshops, masterclasses etc.
- To aid research into adapting / making a piece of theatre accessible during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- To enable research that will contribute towards and inform a production.
- Part-budget for research materials and software licences to enable research and its dissemination.
What can we spend the money on?
- Subscription to software or online providers such as Zoom, Vimeo Pro or Dropbox
- Paying for improved broadband
- Purchasing books etc for research
- Subscription to an online resource for research, such as the British Library Newspaper Archive
- Contribution towards budget for materials such as stationery, hard-drives, dictaphones, microphones, props
- Paying a fee for expert advice, speaker, workshop, etc
What does the Society for Theatre Research expect in return?
- The Society for Theatre Research to be credited
- A short report for our website: www.str.org.uk
How do I apply?
- Download this information and the form here, and fill out the five questions.
- Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
When is the deadline?
- Friday, 7 August 2020
When will I hear if successful?
- Friday, 14 August 2020
Any queries, please email email@example.com