30 March 2023 / News
Royal Shakespeare Company – Curator (maternity cover) vacancy
Curator, Creative Placemaking & Public Programmes (maternity cover) vacancy at the Royal Shakespeare Company
The RSC are looking for an experienced Curator to cover a period of maternity leave for up to 12 months. You will be joining their Creative Placemaking and Public Programmes (CPPP) department to produce and deliver an excellent, distinctive and diverse programme, which reaches a range of audiences with a particular focus on creative placement in Stratford-upon-Avon.As Creative Placemaking and Public Programmes Curator, you will report to the Head of Creative Placemaking and Public Programmes, key duties and responsibilities will include (please see the job description and person specification for the comprehensive list):
- Working with the Head of CPPP and wider team to plan and deliver a public-facing programme, with a focus on, installations, exhibitions, interactive experiences and outdoor spaces
- Supporting with work relating to the RSC’s collection, archive and heritage
- Developing deep working relationships with partner organisations, with focus on local communities and using co-creation/co-production techniques to engage participants
- Recruiting, contracting and management of freelance facilitators as required
- Designing and delivering innovative participative activities to engage new and existing audiences
- Managing, monitoring and reporting on projects and programme budgets
- Working with artists, audiences, community groups and external partners in the development, planning and delivery of CPPP work
- Working collaboratively with departments across the organisation to coordinate activity and plan effective delivery
- Writing reports, compiling statistics and contributing to the evaluation of the department’s work.
To be suitable for this role, you must have:
- Experience of working in a curation or engagement role in creative organisation or heritage environment
- Experience of managing or coordinating projects and the ability to evaluate and write reports
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to juggle multiple deadlines together with the capability to build strong, lasting relationships with people.
- High levels of motivation and the ability to deliver amazing work
- Good knowledge and awareness of best practice in delivering arts programmes
- Strong organisational and administration skills
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work to deadlines.
If you would like to talk further, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance. Any feedback you provide will be treated confidentially, and will not impact on your enquiry, application, or relationship with the RSC.
See the full job description and apply on their website.