31 October 2023 / News
PSi Conference: Call for Papers – deadline 13th November
Performance Studies international are delighted to announce the Call for Proposals for PSi #29, which will be hosted by The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama in Collaboration with LIFT (the London International Theatre Festival) on 20-23 June 2024.
This hybrid conference focuses on the main theme of Assemble. To assemble has multiple meanings: to gather in one place for a common purpose or to put together the parts of something. Resonant with infrastructures, politics and processes of assemblage, the conference invites and foregrounds practice research, creative critical interventions, processes of making and their antithesis, un-making. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the climate crisis and global struggles for justice and recognition, we have to reconsider how to assemble, how to come together, to build, to imagine, to co-create in hostile conditions, and, conversely, what we need to disassemble, to take apart, to dismantle, to de-centre, to unlearn.
Submission Guidelines: Please submit your proposal using the online submission system by 13 November 2023, which can be found at: forms.office.com/e/D9LVATnGnM
You will be asked to provide:
- Title of the presentation
- Abstract (300-500 words)
- Author(s) name(s) and affiliation(s)
- Contact information
- Brief biographical statement (100 words maximum)
- Audiovisual and technical requirements, if applicable
- Indication of attendance online or in person
Accepted presentation formats include:
- Curated panel presentations and roundtables (of 90 mins)
- Individual papers: in-person (15 mins); online (12 – 15 mins)
- Performances and/or installations (20 – 30 mins with minimal to no technical support)
- Laboratory/workshop sessions (90 mins)
- Screenings of practise research or performance documentation (10-15 mins)
- Analogue spaces – there will be several spaces without technology that will be available to curate for conversations, dialogues or other interventions PSi #29 will be a multi-site conference and we encourage contributors to be creative in how their approach their presentations and offerings. Please note that some spaces will have limited access to technical resources, and as such we encourage applicants to be as specific as possible when detailing technical and logistical requirements. Important Dates:
Submission Deadline: 13 November 2023
Notification of Acceptance: 24 November 2023
Conference Dates: 20-23 June 2024
See more details on their website.