13 September 2021 / Society Announcements
Looking for a Society Website Officer
Do you have experience of website management? Would you like to help the further development of the STR’s website? Please share this post with anyone you think might be eligible and interested!
The Society for Theatre Research was founded in 1948 and recently celebrated its 70th Anniversary. It serves those interested in the history and technique of British and British-related theatre, running lectures and conferences, publishing books and journals, offering funding and prizes, promoting scholarships and supporting the continuing development of practice.
Our website was redeveloped into a WordPress website in 2018. The website’s functionality includes membership, book and event orders, an exclusive members’ area and posts and news features on theatre history and the Society’s work.
We are now looking for a motivated self-starter with experience of WordPress website development to join the team in the role of Website Officer. The Website Officer will maintain and develop the website as well as publish new content provided by the Society’s Committee members. Whilst not salaried, the position does receive an honorarium of £3000 per annum. The role is for an initial 6-month period and will be extended as necessary.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and streamline the WordPress website, with a focus on the back-end
- Maintain the website and resolve technical issues as they arise
- Help to keep the website up to date with news of committee activities and wider theatrical news, in collaboration with committee members
- Encourage Committee members to write posts and publish posts and news features
- Offer members technical support with their online account when needed
- Maintain the Media Library
- Maintain the mailserver, check for issues and create new email addresses as needed
- Take the initiative to suggest and implement improvements to the website
Experience of website development and maintenance and a positive ‘can do’ attitude are required. Experience of writing and proofreading is a plus. To apply, please email your CV, a portfolio and a paragraph on your experience with website development to firstname.lastname@example.org