23 March 2022 / News
Committee Vacancy: Treasurer
Would you like to get more involved with the Society? The STR is looking for a motivated self-starter with previous accounts experience to join the team in the role of Treasurer. Whilst not salaried, the position does receive an honorarium.
The Treasurer reports to the Society’s Committee for the management of the Society’s finances which includes involvement in the collection and recording of subscriptions from members.
Key responsibilities will include:
● Setting a budget in consultation with the Finance sub-committee
● Monitoring/recording all activity throughout the year
● Reporting through a Finance Sub-Committee to the main Committee when it meets (six times per year)
● Monitoring all income and expenditure (electronically or on paper)
● Assisting the Society’s accountant where required in preparing the annual accounts for annual the Charity Commission report
For more information about the role, please download the full description here.
We thank our departing Treasurer, Yona Lesger, for all of her sterling work in this role over the past few years!